Your family is the most important thing in your life, and when legal matters come up, you want an attorney who will help ensure that you and your family’s best interests are protected. At Jacovino Law, Janice Jacovino cares about her clients, and she can you help you traverse tough legal matters.
REASONS TO HIRE A LAS VEGAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
One of the most common reasons people need a family law attorney is for representation during a divorce or for child custody matters. But there are other areas that also fall under the umbrella of family law, including such issues as foster care and reproductive rights. The common thread all of these issues have is that they hit close to home. It’s more important than ever to have a trusted legal professional by your side while navigating these legal procedures.
Hire a family law attorney if you are dealing with any of the following situations:
- Divorce. Even if you and your spouse are splitting amicably, a divorce attorney can help you devise a fair settlement plan. Emotions often run high during divorce proceedings. Divorce attorneys can provide advice on dividing marital property, calculating spousal support, and proposing a plan for child custody, visitation, and support if there are children involved.
- Child custody and child support matters. Court orders and settlement agreements involving both custody and support usually are included in the larger divorce case, but when circumstances change, it might become necessary to make changes to initial agreements. For instance, if a noncustodial parent’s financial situation changes, child support might need to be adjusted.
- Adoption and foster care. Adoption is a complex process that can vary with each situation. Your family lawyer can advise you based on the type of adoption, where the child is from, variances in Nevada state laws, and other factors. If you are a foster parent adopting a foster children, you might also need legal representation.
- Paternity. In most cases, paternity cases are filed by the mother because she wishes to get child support payments from an absent father. But in other situations, biological fathers may file for paternity if they wish to have a relationship with their child. DNA testing is how paternity is typically determined.
- Estate planning. Estate planning is not just for the wealthy. Most people have an “estate,” which comprises everything you own—including your home, car, bank accounts, personal possessions, insurance, and investments. And you cannot take it with you when you die. A family lawyer can help you create a will to determine how these things are given to the people and organizations you care most about.
CALL JACOVINO LAW TODAY
Relationships don’t always work out. Don’t let a failed marriage become a long-lasting headache. The right attorney can help. To learn more, click here.
Such an important decision deserves the best legal representation. Let us help you achieve your most favorable outcome.
Child Support is not as predetermined as you may think. An experienced attorney can make a difference.